Skilled Estates and Trusts Litigation, Estate Planning, and Civil Litigation Attorneys Serving Northern California and Beyond
Small law firm with big firm experience delivers complete solutions
Burns Loew, a Professional Law Corporation, combines large firm experience with the efficiency and responsiveness of a boutique firm. We are skilled litigation and transactional attorneys focused on providing complete solutions to your legal problems. You can count on us to be:
- Dedicated — We are determined to achieve the best results possible for your litigation needs. We also bring our skills in estate planning, trust administration, and probate matters to help avoid conflicts before they begin. Our dedication shows in our diligent work on your behalf, our crafting of personalized solutions that address your needs, and our responsiveness to your needs.
- Experienced — Our attorneys honed their skills working extensively in large, high-volume law firms with exacting standards for performance. Since forming our own firm, we have continued to deliver quality legal representation, but in a more intimate, personal setting.
- Professional — Our attorneys have built a strong reputation in the legal community, and have won accolades for their professional service, including being listed as Super Lawyers and Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Northern California and being AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®.
Our attorneys have the skill and knowledge you need to help you resolve your legal issues in California.
Quality legal services across a variety of practice areas
Our primary focus is representing Northern California clients in will and trust contests, fiduciary litigation, and financial elder abuse actions. We represent fiduciaries, beneficiaries and contestants in disputes regarding accountings, trust and probate petitions, and conservatorship matters.
As estate planners, we assist our clients in structuring, managing and transferring their wealth with minimum expense and risk. However, our litigation skills are such that clients call upon us often to manage commercial and civil disputes as well.
We are prepared to assist you in matters related to:
- Trust and estate litigation — We manage will and trust contests, fiduciary litigation, and financial elder abuse actions. We represent fiduciaries and beneficiaries in disputes regarding accountings, trust and probate petitions, and conservatorship matters.
- Estate planning — We employ a wide range of estate planning techniques, from straightforward wills to complex trust agreements, to help our clients meet their asset protection and wealth transfer goals. You should know that only about three percent of all estate planning attorneys are certified by the State Bar of California’s Board of Legal Specialization as Specialists. Our founding partner Jeffrey R. Loew has that distinction.
- Trust and probate administration — We advise and represent fiduciaries, executors and beneficiaries on a full range of trust administration and probate issues.
- Conservatorships — We assist conservators and conservatees in both contested and non-contested conservatorship matters, including all aspects of conservatorship administration and litigation.
- Elder abuse litigation — Elder abuse comes in many forms. If you suspect that your loved one is suffering from financial elder abuse by an individual or organization, or from physical abuse or neglect at a nursing home facility, we fully investigate the situation and pursue justice on your behalf.
- Civil litigation — We represent clients in a wide range of civil matters, including personal injury, elder abuse or neglect.
Our affordable fees and built-in efficiencies make our legal service very cost-effective.
Contact our experienced attorneys for estates and trusts litigation, estate planning, and civil litigation matters
If you are looking for the professionalism of a large, established law firm with the hands-on care you can only get from a small practice, choose Burns Loew, a Professional Law Corporation. We offer free thirty-minute consultations for new clients, so you can get to know us and make an informed decision. Call us today at 650.461.4526 or contact our office online.